01. In the Bible as the inspired Word of God, which is without error in the original scriptures, and, therefore, the supreme authority in all matters and conduct.
2 Timothy 3:16-17; 2 Peter 1:20-21; 1 Corinthians 2:13
02. In the eternal existence of one God, the creator of the heavens and earth, who is the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
Matthew 1:18-21; Matthew 28:19; 2 Corinthians 5:19; Galatians 3:20
03. In the creation, test and fall of man, his total spiritual depravity and inability to attain divine righteousness.
Genesis 1-3; Romans 3:10-20; Romans 5:12-18
04. In Jesus Christ, the Saviour of men, conceived of the Holy Spirit, born of the virgin Mary, very God and very man.
Luke 1:30; John 1:18; Isaiah 9:6; John 1:1-3; Hebrews 1-2
05. In the Good News of the Gospel; how Christ died for the atonement of our sins, was buried and rose again on the third day for our justification.
John 19:28-20:18; 1 Corinthians 15:1-4; Romans 4:25
06. In the bodily ascension of Jesus Christ to heaven, where he is seated at the right hand of the Father making intercession for us.
Acts 1:9-11; Romans 8:34; Hebrews 7:25
07. In salvation for sinners, by grace alone, through faith in the perfect and sufficient work of Christ on our behalf on the cross of Calvary.
Romans 5:1; Ephesians 2:8-9; Colossians 1:14; Hebrews 9:12
08. In Water Baptism by immersion in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, as an act of obedience to the will of the Heavenly Father, an expression of our faith in the finished work of Jesus Christ, and a response to the work of the Holy Spirit in our lives.
Acts 2:38; Acts 8:16
09. In the Baptism of the Holy Spirit, an experience subsequent to salvation, which is the endowment of God’s power on our lives to be witnesses of Jesus Christ, with the initial evidence of speaking in other tongues as the Holy Spirit gives the ability.
Acts 2:4; Acts 8:14-17; Galatians 3:14-15; Acts 19:1-6; Acts 10:45-46
10. In the gifts of the Holy Spirit, which are now given to believers to be exercised in the Church for the edification of the Body of Christ, according to the guidelines given in 1 Corinthians 12 to 14.
1 Corinthians 12 to 14
11. In the Spirit-filled life; our total dependence on the Holy Spirit’s power to live a life of separation from the world and of the perfecting of holiness as a true expression of Christian faith.
Romans 12:1-2; Ephesians 1:13-14; Ephesians 5:18; 2 Corinthians 6:14; 2 Corinthians 7:1; 1 John 2:15-17; James 4:4
12. In the experience of divine healing and miracles in their many aspects, as experienced in the ministry of Christ on earth and in the early church.
James 5:14; Acts 4:30; Romans 8:11; 1 Corinthians 12:9; Exodus 15:26; Isaiah 53:4-5; Mark 16:17
13. In the ordinance of the Lord’s Supper for all believers, as an act which remembers the Lord Jesus’ death and His coming again, and which acknowledges our common fellowship in the one Body of Christ.
1 Corinthians 11:23-32
14. In the eternal life of the believer and eternal punishment of the unbeliever.
John 3:16; Revelation 21:8
15. In Christ’s ascension, when he gave gifts to men; some to be apostles, some to be prophets, some to be evangelists, and some to be pastors and teachers, for the perfecting of believers, for works of service, and for the building up of the Body of Christ, which is His Church.
16. In the immanent and bodily return of the Lord Jesus Christ for His Church.
John 14:2-3; 1 Corinthians 15:51-54; 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18
17. In the reality and person of Satan, the enemy of God and adversary of the Church, whose head Christ bruised at Calvary when he overcame, conquered and sealed Satan’s doom.
Job 1:6-12; Revelation 12:10